Saturday 25 July 2015

Too Much Fondant // The Four Ellenments

I wasn't 100% happy with how this came out but I guess that's how you learn so I'm gonna go ahead and post it anyway

Basically, it's my Dad's birthday this weekend, and my mum's original plan was to get him a cake made, buuuut we ended up leaving it too late for our local bakers to have it done in time. So, guess who got the job? :') I'm no expert, but I've dabbled here and there in cake decorating (pretty sure there's a cake related post somewhere on this blog? eh) so I thought I'd at least give it a go. 

We literally just wanted a plain cake with something motorbike-y on top, so I starting by finding a cartoon of a bike on Google, and re-drawing it on a sheet of grease proof paper. From there it was basically a lot of cutting - cutting out each shape on greaseproof paper, then using the shape as a template to cut each shape out of either black or orange fondant icing. Then I just used a black icing to add details, like the spokes of the tires. 

Here's the finished cake, complete with sparklers and candles (which conviniently distracted attention from the bike a bit..) :




I'd like to think my many years of watching Cake Boss didn't let me down :') 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment